Carlsbad Community Foundation awards Chevron Catalyst Grants to 21 nonprofits
Established in 2016, the Catalyst Grant program is part of an ongoing collaboration between the Foundation and Chevron and works to support diverse charitable needs in the areas of Carlsbad and South Eddy County, New Mexico. Grants were awarded following a competitive grant process that began in October. To date, the Foundation has awarded over $381,000 in grants from the Fund.
“The Foundation is proud of the six-year partnership with Chevron that has made these awards possible,” said Foundation Board President Bill Kingston. “Over the years, the Chevron Catalyst Grant Program has been a tremendous help in our community and we appreciate the unwavering annual support Chevron has provided to make the program a success.”
Leland Stafford, the Chevron Carlsbad Operations Superintendent in the Delaware Basin, said Chevron “seeks collaborators in the communities where we live and work that help expand opportunities in the areas of health, education, environment and economic development.”
“The Carlsbad Community Foundation is an effective steward of this work through the Catalyst Grant and brings a comprehensive understanding of the Carlsbad community’s needs,” Stafford added. “We look forward to learning about the impacts of the programs selected this year.”
The 2023 Chevron Catalyst Grant recipients are:
- Assistance League of Carlsbad, Inc.
- Boys and Girls Club of Carlsbad, NM
- Carlsbad Battered Families Shelter
- Carlsbad Community Concert Association
- Carlsbad Community Theatre
- Carlsbad LifeHouse, Inc.
- Carlsbad Literacy Program
- Carlsbad MainStreet Project
- Carlsbad Museum
- Carlsbad Prep Academy
- Carlsbad Transitional Housing and Homeless Shelter Inc.
- Christian Women’s Job Corps of Carlsbad, a ministry of Church Street Church of the Nazarene
- Desert Willow Wildlife Rehabilitation Center
- Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library of Eddy County
- Friends of the Carlsbad Public Library
- Girl Scouts of the Desert Southwest
- Madison Lee Memorial Fund
- Southeast New Mexico Community Action Corporation
- Southeastern New Mexico Historical Society
- Time for America Ministries Incorporated