Smoother days ahead for these Odessa area roadways
Ten roadways in isolated locations of Ector, Andrews and Winkler counties will be resurfaced this week as part of a $1.2 million project, according to the Texas Department of Transportation (TXDOT)
“Essentially, the top layers of asphalt will be cut away and replaced under this contract,” the TXDOT said.
The work will be done at night. Dan Williams Co. of Austin, which previously carried out $1.5 million in similar improvements to about a dozen locations, has been contracted to to do this week’s work. Motorists are asked to slow down in work zones and obey any warning signs, flaggers and pilot cars.
Should weather cooperate, these locations are scheduled:
- Monday, June 27: Westbound I-20 in Ector County just east of FM 1601 (Penwell area).
- Tuesday, June 28: Westbound I-20 south service road near West Loop 338; and southbound U.S. Highway 385 at FM 1787.
- Wednesday, June 29: Intersection of South Loop 338 and FM 3503.
- Thursday, June 30: BI-20 north service road at MCM FunDome.
- Tuesday, July 5: The long curving ramps of BI-20 at East Loop 338.
- Wednesday, July 6: I-20 north service road at East Loop 338 and at Grandview.
- Thursday, July 7: East Loop 338 crossover at 87th Street.
- Thursday, July 7, Friday, July 8: Intersection of FM 181 and Scharbauer Street (3 miles north of SH 302).
- Monday, July 11: Intersection of Highway 128 and FM 1218.
- Tuesday, July 12: Highway 302 in Kermit.